Thursday, July 12, 2012

Warmachine Display Board

I'm out of town for the weekend, so thought I'd do a quick mid-week update.

I've been wanting to do a display board for Warmachine for a couple of months now, and I finally got around to ordering one of Fool's boards from Cool Mini Or Not. This arrived at the end of last week, and it's a solid non-warping wooden board.


Preparation was quite easy. I sprayed the surfaces black, and added glue and sand just as if I was doing a normal miniatures base. I then painted the upper surface dark brown, and drybrushed the sanded areas orange-brown and off-white. Glue + static grass and it was just about done. I then went in and added a few tufts of grass from Army Painter's tuft sets.


And...presto. A nice Warmachine display board.


Not much else to say other than I really recommend this style of tray. It's solid and the fit for the bases is great.


'Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment